So I just found Benjamin in my bathroom. Olivia informed me that he was in there, but I didn’t believe her. What’s wrong with me? She’s 4 years old, does she really have a reason to lie about something like that? Where does the time go? Benjamin is roaming the house and following me room to room, Katelynn is at school, and my 4 year old is teaching me more about God.
Olivia is our affectionate child. We’ve been talking about love languages lately and it’s been easier as the kids have gotten older to figure out what really makes them feel loved. Olivia is that precious, sweet and sensitive girl who is my shadow. She’s constantly crawling in my lap, running up for hugs, clinging on for dear life, or crying because we didn’t give the “proper” goodbye that consists of more than one kiss and hug. Olivia runs through the house saying “Mommy!” whether she really needs me for something or not. And she keeps calling until she gets a response. I was realizing this morning that if I could be a little more like Olivia I would probably be better off. It’s so easy to attempt things on our own. So easy to go to the Lord in retrospect and ask Him to fix what we messed up. Oh that I would call on God every step that I take and that I would be so persistent to call until I hear an answer!
Thank you God for my shadows that teach me more about YOU!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment